Friday 16 November 2007

Short-Film Week Blog-a-thon


The deadly duo of Ed Howard (Only The Cinema) and Jeff Ignatius (Culture Snob) will be hosting a Short-Film Week Blog-a-thon coming up December 2nd to the 8th.

According to Culture Snob: "Commercials, music videos, movie trailers, and episodes of television programs are all fair game, as are proper short films". This creates a wide open field of possibilities - but I have no idea what I might focus on.

As an aside, it got me thinking of movie trailers I like. This recent trailer for the new horror film called "[rec]" is pretty cool and makes me want to see the film (which is kinda the point...). It simply shows scenes of an audience while they watch the film and their reactions to it:




Looks fun to me!

2 comments:

PIPER said...

Bob,

Great post. This is a brilliant form of advertising for this. I'm sure it has been done before but I've never seen it. And what better genre to do it for than horror.

Bob Turnbull said...

Hey Piper,

I've never come across it either...I wouldn't be surprised if it was used completely as is for something like "Saw V" or the next Asian remake.

Actually I would be surprised - cause that would make sense...