My buddy posted this on Facebook - Stevie Wonder on Sesame Street. Have a listen to this freaking terrific version of his classic "Superstition":
6 minutes and 47 seconds of a kids show dedicated to Stevie and his band funking up the place. I can't tell you how amazing that is. Wait, yes I can...
- First of all those chugging guitars - oh, what a glorious sound that is. It's a rawer form of the typical funky 70's wakachaka-wakachaka sound and you can almost hear the fingernails scraping the guitar strings.
- And his band - how tight are they? Very, very tight that's how.
- And then the extended instrumental ending where he drives home the riff and keeps it on the One.
- And then he throws down a false ending...
- And continues with the extended ending while singing "Sesame Street, that's where I will be..."
- Recorded live - no lip-synching.
Brilliant. This just made my week.