Friday 31 August 2007

Submitted Picks For TIFF 2007


I've just completed my first ever TIFF picks and dropped off the package earlier this morning (box #45 - go 45!). I stuck with 6 of my initial picks from the first batch of films released and took a flyer on a couple of others. I had to stay away from Sunday the 9th and Saturday the 15th before dinner, so that shrunk the window somewhat, but I'm still pretty psyched at my picks.

I also submitted second choices for 7 of them and I'd be happy with any of them.


  • Jar City (Baltasar Kormakur) - Thursday September 6th @ 7:45PM (Varsity 3). Second Choice --> "Dinner With The President: A Nation's Journey / Please Vote For Me".
  • You, The Living (Roy Andersson) - Friday September 7th @ 9:15AM (Scotiabank Theatre 4). Second Choice --> None.
  • The Man From London (Bela Tarr) - Friday September 7th @ 6:00PM (Scotiabank Theatre 4). Second Choice --> "Les Chansons D'Amour".
  • The Orphanage (Juan Antonio Bayona) - Friday September 7th @ 10:00PM (Scotiabank Theatre 1). Second Choice --> None.
  • Chacun Son Cinema (Various directors) - Saturday September 8th @ 11:00AM (VISA Screening Room - Elgin). Second Choice --> None.
  • Chaotic Ana (Julio Medem) - Sunday September 9th @ 9:15PM (Ryerson). Second Choice --> "Night".
  • A Gentle Breeze In The Village (Nobuhiro Yamashita) - Thursday September 13th @ 9:15PM (Scotiabank Theatre 3). Second Choice --> "Operation Filmmaker".
  • Son Of Rambow (Garth Jennings) - Friday September 14th @ 6:45PM (Ryerson). Second Choice --> "The Besieged Forest".
  • The Passage (Mark Heller) - Friday September 14th @ 9:30PM (ROM). Second Choice --> "With Your Permission".
  • Glory To The Filmmaker! (Takeshi Kitano) - Saturday September 15th @ 9:00PM (Varsity 8). Second Choice --> "Just Like Home".


Like I said, I'm psyched...

No comments: