Box #45 was where my submitted envelope went...and box #66 (out of 75 boxes in all) is where they started. So I got processed about three quarters of the way down.
But I got my confirmation today around 2PM and received 9 of my 10 picks. Only my opening night selection of Jar City got bumped and after mulling things over, I think I'm even happier with its replacement. For the record, the films I'll be seeing are:
- Dinner With The President: A Nation's Journey / Please Vote For Me - Thursday September 6th @ 8:45PM (ROM)
- You, The Living (Roy Andersson) - Friday September 7th @ 9:15AM (Scotiabank Theatre 4).
- The Man From London (Bela Tarr) - Friday September 7th @ 6:00PM (Scotiabank Theatre 4).
- The Orphanage (Juan Antonio Bayona) - Friday September 7th @ 10:00PM (Scotiabank Theatre 1).
- Chacun Son Cinema (Various directors) - Saturday September 8th @ 11:00AM (VISA Screening Room - Elgin).
- Chaotic Ana (Julio Medem) - Sunday September 9th @ 9:15PM (Ryerson).
- A Gentle Breeze In The Village (Nobuhiro Yamashita) - Thursday September 13th @ 9:15PM (Scotiabank Theatre 3).
- Son Of Rambow (Garth Jennings) - Friday September 14th @ 6:45PM (Ryerson).
- The Passage (Mark Heller) - Friday September 14th @ 9:30PM (ROM).
- Glory To The Filmmaker! (Takeshi Kitano) - Saturday September 15th @ 9:00PM (Varsity 8).
I'm going to look through the schedule again and see if I might want to add some single tickets to that list when they go on sale Wednesday morning to the public.
I'm sure Jar City will be pretty good, though it's clearly a commercial film (did you know that one-third of Iceland's population has seen it?), but I think you'll be happy with the two democracy docs. Traditionally the opening night has been pretty barren, but this year there were several films competing for my attention. I'm hopeful that I can track down the docs later through my distributor contacts. I'll be eager to read your reviews!
p.s. It is too bad, though, that you didn't get Jar City, though, because you would have been able to meet my wife. I think you and I still have one or two screenings together.
Hey James...I'd love to meet your wife, so we should definitely meet up before/after one of our mutual screenings. I'm still up for the Ethiopian food Monday.
Looking forward to your reviews too. Especially for Jar City!
If you get this message today, I'll be at both You, the Living and the Bela Tarr. So I'll look for you there. I also have tickets to the same screenings of Ploy and Gentle Breeze in the Village. It'll be great to hear how the fest is going for you.
Post a Comment